Execution of the mandatory conversion of savings shares into ordinary shares and distribution of the extraordinary dividend
With reference to the resolutions of the Ordinary Shareholders' Meeting and of the Special Meeting of Shareholders of savings shares, held on 19 November 2020, which resolved, each to the extent of their respective competence, on the mandatory conversion of savings shares into newly issued ordinary shares on the basis of a Conversion Ratio equal to no. 0.67 ordinary shares for each savings share (the "Mandatory Conversion"), on the elimination of the par value of the shares and on the resulting amendments to the Bylaws as well as on the distribution of an extraordinary dividend (the "Extraordinary Dividend"), equal to €0.75 for each ordinary share already outstanding and newly issued following the Mandatory Conversion, Buzzi Unicem SpA announces that:
- the last trading day of the savings shares (BZUR.MI) on the Italian Stock Exchange will be 15 January 2021;
- from 18 January 2021 the Mandatory Conversion of the savings shares into ordinary shares will be effective and therefore, from that date only ordinary shares (BZU.MI) will be traded on the Electronic Stock Exchange of Borsa Italiana;
- after the Mandatory Conversion of the no. 40,711,949 savings shares into ordinary shares has become effective, Buzzi Unicem share capital, fully subscribed and paid up, amounting to €123,636,658.80, will be divided into no. 192,626,154 ordinary shares with no par value;
- any fractions resulting from the Mandatory Conversion of the savings shares into ordinary shares which will remain on each settlement account, will be managed by UniCredit Bank AG, Milan Branch, as intermediary appointed to manage the monetization of such fractions deriving from the Mandatory Conversion ratio.
The fractions of ordinary shares not assigned following the rounding down will be monetized based on the ordinary share price recorded on the last trading day of the savings shares on the Stock Exchange, i.e. 15 January 2021.
Each intermediary custodian will internally compensate and/or monetize the fractions resulting from the assignment of a whole number of Buzzi Unicem ordinary shares to each deposit account, no later than the payment date of the Extraordinary Dividend, as described below;
- the settlement of the shares subject to withdrawal will take place on 18 January 2021.
Upon completion of the Mandatory Conversion the Extraordinary Dividend of €0.75 will be distributed for each ordinary share already outstanding and newly issued following the same conversion.
The Extraordinary Dividend will be paid from 3 February 2021, with detachment on 1 February 2021 of coupon no. 23 and with record date on 2 February 2021, through the authorized intermediaries participating in the centralized management system at Monte Titoli.
The rights relating to the shares which have not yet been dematerialized are exercised exclusively upon delivery to an intermediary for their entry into the centralized management system in dematerialized form.
Investor Relations Assistant
Phone: +39 0142 416 404